Wednesday, March 2

8 weeks, 5 days - The verandah becomes a whole new wing

I've been buxom from the age of ten onwards. By age 20 I foolishly believed that the 'verandah' status had reached it's full extension, but it seems I was grossly mistaken. Thanks to Tadpole, it's now "here comes Karl's boobs closely followed by Karl". I sit here today in my most roomy crop top (smart girls forego bras and their nasty straps and underwires), and it is getting a bit too snug.

I guess that's just as well - if the top floor hadn't expanded then the lower floor's expansion (I'm showing, dammit!) would be more noticable. Luckily most things still fit, even jeans. I'm guessing this is because the weight is holding firm despite the increase in belly and boob size, which indicates a fair likelihood that I've lost a bit somewhere else. As the jeans seem a bit more roomy in the backside and leg region, it must have come from there. Chalk that up to healthy eating and drastically reduced caffiene!

Or maybe it's down to all the sleeping? Is this a new wonder diet (sleep!) that I can promote and make millions? "In just 3 hours of sleep extra per day you too can lose those extra kilos". Move over Jenny Craig and Dr Atkins, or I'll knock you out with my boobs ;-)

Yes, we're still snooze bunnies. However the next cat who uses my chest as a trampoline to reach the window at 3am is going to be given an unexpected boost with my toe (if I can find my feet, that is).

Work is suffering, but I'm doing the best I can. It's not easy trying to plug in your tax brain at 9am to answer some spur of the moment client musings, while supressing reflux. Bless answerphones!!! (however that just makes the sods ring me on my cell phone, and aren't they just so clever to leave a message THERE where it costs both of us money!).

I've got a non-baby gripe today. The *&#$$%@ who stole fruit from our orchard two years ago is back with a vengeance. Last year I thwarted them by getting Tamsin, our Ridgeback/Shepherd X who is highly protective and looks utterly terrifying. This year she alerted me to something, but I was feeling utterly blurgh so mumbled "sit down, leave it" and assumed it was nothing that needed my attention. I crawled back to bed and took Tamsin with me as a bribe to stop her growling.

Later that day Wayne got home and asked "when did you strip all the plums from the tree?" ARRRRGGHHHHH!!!

Our nectarines were close to picking, so I stripped that tree myself and put the not-quite-ready fruit in brown bags to ripen. Not nearly as yummy a result, but at least WE got them and not the thief. Yes yes, I should have listened to the dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home