Monday, April 4

Update on neighbourhood disaster area

Nothing much to do on Saturday night (how sad... domesticity bites) so I found myself on the computer, and figured it was a good time to get serious with the Council regarding Looney.

Dropped them a lengthy email (I am incapable of being succinct!) explaining the problem, and insisted on a worthy response.

Proofed it, admired it, sent it.... and watched in annoyance as it bounced back.

Apparently it triggered some kind of spam filter and was rejected as such (LOL..)

In very high gudgeon, I sent off a snippy complaint about the complaint being rejected before even reaching someone's desk. Probably could have been more conciliatory in my second email, but at that late hour, it just seemed the final insult. Flip me off at your peril... ;-)

Anyhoo.. got a phone message today followed up by an email from what sounds a fairly senior official at the Council, promising that the farm in question will be 'visited' this week. He also apologised for the bounce message, which was a nice touch.

So we wait with bated breath, friends and lovers. Will the council save our neighbourhood bacon before it gets extra-crispy? I'll keep you informed....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home