Monday, March 14

Week 10, Day 3 (Is there a pregnancy union?)

I'm being cheated. Everyone keeps asking me what my cravings are, and as yet I haven't had a single one! I thought this was a righteous perk for every pregnancy, sort of a trade-off for the sleeping sickness and all day blurgh? Wayne says it's because I'm being so good with my eating habits that my body isn't going short of anything. Hummph! That doesn't seem fair. Or is my particular craving manifesting itself as need for sleep?

Yesterday was a dream. I put some music on the computer, and set to work sorting receipts and bank statements for a big job that landed on my desk recently (Wayne's not the only one who can't say no to new clients). I had all my energy back, then some. At one point I glanced up at the dishes in the sink and flew into attack mode. Those suckers didn't stand a chance as I danced my way through the kitchen, scrubbing as I went. Not a bit tired or achey, I returned to the work with delight and wrote up an extensive list of requirements for the client to achieve on my behalf.

Wayne made burgers for tea (he does a mean hamburger!) and I snarfed a whole one and a half. I was on a total buzz to get my body and mind back under my control, and nothing at all was a problem.

Around 3am I discovered that some things are still a problem, eg, when a cat makes a flying leap on the bed, misses, hooks their claws into the knuckles on your left hand and swings there like Tarzan for a couple of seconds. This (strangely!) woke me out of a deep sleep and I less than graciously assisted said cat out of the window with more enthusiasm than the cat believed I could muster at that hour. No idea which cat.. thought it was probably old Adder as he's nearly blind and has always been a few sandwiches short of a picnic. However when I got up to apply disinfectant to the knuckles, I discovered Adder, Greebo and Gremlin all donuted on the couch. That meant the culprit was one of my 'children' (okay so Gremlin bore them, but I raised them so they're mine). Mako, Badger or Bumpkuss. My money is on Bumpkuss - Mako and Badger are a lot more polite in their bedside navigation, and Bumpykissycat has not been seen inside since. When she surfaces, I mean to have a few words with her about her manners. Whaddya mean it won't do any good? It will make ME feel better to glare into her eyes and remind her that I am Her Mother and I will be obeyed. She'll glare back, blink, then sulk staring in an opposite direction until I relent and give her a few conciliatory snuggles.

Cats. Who'd have them. (Me...)

Anyhoo, I woke this morning thinking "Yippee! Morning sickness is now over, and I'll have another beaut day like yesterday!"

Yeah riiiiight. It's now nearly 6.30pm and I'm only just rising to 20% of function. Good thing it's the weekend and no one was screaming for my attention. Too bad if they were ;-)

Roll on tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home