Friday, August 26

Week 34, Day 1 (Peek & eek!)

So I'm sitting at the computer, watching an auction for an electric breastpump, hoping my bid will be successful. Nice & comfy in my pink pj's, minding my own business...

When Wayne walks up the hallway, stops dead in his tracks and bursts out laughing.

"Oh my GOD" he titters, "I've got to get the camera."

Huh? I haven't brushed my hair or cleaned my teeth yet - you can't be seriously wanting to take my picture?

"Don't move!" he calls, "I've got to capture this! And on the big camera too so I can show you on the widescreen TV!"

(Ohhh this can't be good....)

He took two snaps, then showed me.

Yikes. I'm of a fairly solid frame (putting it mildly.. does the term 'brick sh*thouse' mean anything to you?) but in these photos I appear to have a very small head and extremities, playing host to a gigantic middle section.

You've seen those Queen Termites, right? Picture one of those in shocking pink.

Apparently I look much more reasonable standing up, but in that position, from that angle, I'm too horrific for words. Wayne says this will be excellent guilt-fodder to show our son when he's a teenager and thinks he's hard done by.

"You want to hear about what a pain we're being? Get a load of this photo, boyo, and remember your mother had another SIX WEEKS of carrying around your blimpiness! Want to see the stretchmarks????"

Btw, I got the breastpump, $61! Another TM highlight was the picture that one of the traders posted on the Community Message Board of her 34 week baby, who was allowed home six days after birth. Awww... what a gorgeous poppet! Apparently if your baby has a good Agpar score, and is 5 lbs or heavier at birth, even premmie babies can go home reasonably quickly. So if Braeden popped out now, (what with him being big and strong and all), he'd probably be home in a week.

Good thing Dad's just about got that cot finished, eh!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mamabeek said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:48 am  
Blogger Mamabeek said...

Long time no check and WOW, is it really less than six weeks out now? Amazing. Kudos to Wayne for being such a good hubby/daddy. I'll bet there are scads of envious readers out there on this one. So stinking HOT here, I can't imagine you're on the flip side of the world being chilled.

Can't wait to hear what Joey thinks of the first rival squalls in the morning. Bet she resorts to some new vocabulary.

CONGRATULATIONS on the smoking - or lack thereof. Way to go!

Ciao for now, but shall check back more regularly now the Event is imminent.

11:50 am  
Blogger Karl said...

Hi Adrienne :-) We went with the Avent Naturally electric/battery breast pump, and although it's too soon to tell how it works on a breast, it seems to have plenty of suction. The dial lets you control how much power, and apparently the trick is to depress/release the button to simulate a baby's sucking reflex, rather than 'full on' which is slower, and can make you quite sore. The box came with lots of unused spares (rings, etc), and it was very easy to pull apart and sterilise. Best of luck :-)

10:20 am  
Blogger Karl said...

MB- J'da'Grey is already making dark mutterances in her beard about "baby" this and "baby" that. Some of it has shades of jealousy, but that's to be expected.

Madame la Beak is presently sitting in her day-visit flight in the aviary, high on a tree branch, rabbiting on to whatever aviary bird can be bothered to listen. Her biggest fan is the Maroon Bellied Conure, who thinks she's utterly fascinating. (She's too much woman for you, young man...)

Yeah, Wayne's been utterly amazing, and I can't wait to see what a fantastic dad he's going to be. He keeps saying we should have done this years ago, LOL!!!!

11:48 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home