Quick update
Gack, look at the time. Good little people should be long in bed.
And I was, but the dog decided to make a huge unannounced "mess" throughout half the house. Bloody marvelous. When I don't want her to bark (ie kidlet asleep), you can't shut the tart up for love nor death threats. When she should let rip with a warning "browWOW!" she's as silent as the tomb.
Grrrr... I love her really, but she can sleep outside in her kennel tonight. It's kinda hard to snuggle back down in bed when all the adults have tipped out to clean & disinfect.
Brae continues to be an utter delight & education. He's back to "oh no I don't go to bed!", and it's lasted for about a week now, which you just take in good heart and plaster a nice thick false smile across your face as you manhandle the child into his Safe-T-Sleep, kiss his contorted furious self, and try not to flounce out the door too obviously.
Little sweetie was trying to copy me yesterday when I was vaccuuming (gasp horror.. I had to vaccuum! That's Wayne's usual job but I've hardly seen him lately, such has been his workload). So cute to see Braeden gaily slamming the vaccuum hose + head back & forth across the carpet, and never on any pass did he fail to slam that head hard into his mother's toes or heels.
Prodigy, I tell ya!
It's been a (so and so insert very rude words of frustration) difficult time trying to balance round the clock parenting with running both businesses AND university studies. Wayne was supposed to be around at least three days a week (gasp, maybe even a weekend occasionally?) but it just hasn't worked out like that. So by the end of the day I'm usually in a state of high panic, trying to fit study around a very active and Mother-attached toddler, and Wayne often is almost thrown the baby when he gets home as his wife grabs a coffee & a fag (not necessarily in that order) and heads outside in whatever the weather to cram & jot.
But having said that, something must be working because I got an A on my first assignment.
Wayne said it's going to cost him a fortune in bribes to lecturers, if this keeps up ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home