Wednesday, October 5

Week 39, Day 6 (Studies show that 9 out of 10 men who try Camels ..)

..prefer women!

There's a reason why I picked this post title (apart from it being good for a giggle). Last night we discovered that I've acquired a small fatty hump on my lower back. Wayne thinks it's a counterbalance to equalise the weight distribution, whereas I wonder if I'm turning into a camel!

This kid has put me through so many dummy runs that I'm quite worn out. I keep getting phone calls, text messages and emails asking "any news yet?"

NO! (dammit Janet) (sobs with frustration)

We got real close yesterday - I even gave Mum a heads-up that things were maybe possibly imminent, but it wasn't to be.

Sheesh though.. at around 1pm the contractions started, 10 minutes apart, lasting about 60-90 seconds a time, real good buggers!

Then around 3pm they went away.

They came back at around 7pm, NINE minutes apart this time, and lasted another couple of hours' worth, not as savage (for the most part), but just as long, and lots of squeezums in between. It got to where the only way I could be absolutely sure it was a contraction in its own right and not just massive compression was the lower backache. That only got worse when it was a contraction, so it was my benchmark after an hour or so!

Then around 10pm, THEY WENT AWAY AGAIN!

Got a stand alone massive contraction that went right off the Richter Scale at around midnight, but that was it.

Baby then woke up, and played most of the night. I lay there listening to the storm outside, (and enjoying the storm inside) thinking of what Mb told me about babies and low pressure systems, and wondered if this kid was ever going to show up.

So no, we're still here, and I don't know how much more of this I can take before I go completely la-la.

Wayne reckons my waters are going to break at the funeral tomorrow.... thanks for that, honey!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

Hi Adrienne :-) The birthing bag (containing the Tens machine) is in the boot of the car, and neither of us felt like braving the elements to trot out to the shed to retrieve it. Wasn't really an issue though, because as pain goes, it was quite bearable. More "significantly uncomfortable" than actually painful.

Definitely going to practice with it though, because Wayne tells me there's one setting that (even on its lowest ebb) is so powerful it can send you skyward. NOT something I want to discover by accident, at the wrong time, LOL!

5:37 pm  
Blogger Mamabeek said...

Does a hot bath still help?

Damn, I wish this would be over with for you. Now I have to hope he sits tight for a little bit to get past the funeral. By gum after that you'd best start making this kid understand what the word NOW means. Don't let him get the upper hand before he's even seen the light of day. LOL!

Why do I think this might be indicative of your lot for the next 18 years? Like mother like stubborn little bugger of a son. [Grin]

6:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home