Sunday, October 9

Week 40, Day 3 (Early adjustments)

I'm knackered! I've spent the weekend (with husband extraordinaire) doing books, and tomorrow's going to be even busier as we race around my 'in house only' clients, getting them done. We're going to town in the truck, because it needs a COF, and Wayne can justify taking the day off to help me if he gets this niggly town-only job done at the same time.

I love going about in the truck - the view is 1000% better than from the car, and the ride is always thoroughly enjoyed by baby! Also I'm getting these truck trips in while I can - there is just not enough room up front for two adults and the baby seat, so once Braeden arrives, no more truck trips for me (sob!)

That is, until we sell this perfectly nice truck and buy another... the things you have to do for baby!

Getting in and out is a bit entertaining at the mo, but at least on the first leg-up Wayne parks by the back door steps, meaning I just step across the gap!

(Wayne hasn't paused to consider 'what if Karl's waters break while she's in the truck' and we won't remind him, will we! Sitting on the rubbish-bag enclosed car seat is horribly uncomfortable and slippery - I don't need to add that hassle to getting in and out of the truck!! We'll take the risk, and maybe a towel. Shhh.. you're sworn to secrecy!)

Speaking of water protectionism, Robyn handed me the oversized flat nappy they lay out on the bed prior to a physical exam, and said "Do you want this?" Hell yes.. you're only going to chuck it out, and it's in perfect nick. I had the brilliant idea of putting it under the sheet on the bed, for obvious reasons.

Huh! Another bright idea bites the dust! One VERY hot and sweaty night later, that protective sheet was whisked off the bed and put away for "whenever". There is no way your average person could stand to sleep on it; the lack of ventilation caused by the plastic backing sheet turns your nice bed into a sauna! Hey... I could put this in the truck tomorrow.. nah.. the plastic backing would make the seat extra slippery, and the last thing I need is to go flying off the seat on to the roadside, from a height of about five feet up!

Speaking of seat adjustment (of a very different sort!) there are times when it's cooler than usual to be self employed and able to do whatever the hell one feels like.

I'm supposed to be sitting back-to-front on the office chair, to take the pressure off my back, and to encourage baby to get into a nice deep position ready for birth. I gave it a whirl today, tilting the "back" to make 'bump allowance' while retaining some slight bit of support.

I was very much more comfy, and baby seemed to approve as well, with less grumpy thumps outwards (he gets so annoyed when the office desk presses against his territory!). Thing is.. it was SOOOO not a sexy look! There's no way your average pregnant woman is going to like sitting with her backside stuck out out so far that J-Lo would look like Kate Moss!

The only ones to see my less than graceful posture were Wayne and the critters. The critters don't care, and Wayne knows better than to snicker ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamabeek said...

So I take it your chair is reasonably short and not so wide you can't get your arms around it? LOL! I can just picture this. Can also picture you zinging out the side of the truck like a watermelon seed. Yikes!

I miss my truck (sold it recently) for many reasons but in large part because of the elevation. I just don't feel like I can SEE anything in the cars! Oh well, the fuel bills are much more tolerable now. Sniff.

Use the table nappie thing under Joey's cage. Surely you need something to absorb all the flung fruits and produce, not to mention her highnesses baths, if she's an enthusiastic little mermaid.

11:23 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home