Week 40, Day 6 (Absolutely nothing happened today
in Sector 17 by 34)
(If you're not a SciFi fan, esp of Babylon 5, then you'll miss the joke. Sorry!)
I married a bastard.
Last night, for kicks, he rang both grandmothers and said "Guess what!!"
"What!?????" (they each replied, with annnntic-ip-... ATION) (sorry, I'm ripping off Rocky Horror now)
"Nothing! Nothing has happened, nothing is happening! I thought you'd just like to know!"
And to think, yesterday when the gun inspector from the Police came to approve Wayne's gun licence renewal, I answered in the negative when asked if he suffered from any mental illness!
His joke turned out to be prophetic. No contractions last night, not a single one. Nary a twinge. Bubs played and kicked for a bit, but even he settled down around 9.30pm and we got a good sleep last night. He woke me up with a few "where's my breakfast?" kicks, but otherwise he's sleeping in this morning.
Wish the little beaut would hurry up and get out here for smooches, already.
Last evening he was lying with his butt most prominent, and I patted it lovingly and said "tuck it in, sunshine, or your grandmother will zoom over here and KISS IT!" Mum's got this thing about kissing babies' bums. Ew. I know what comes out of babies' bums, and I know how quickly a bum can go from being clean and inoffensive to .... yeah. Ew. There are many many things to kiss on a baby, but I will NOT (and you can take this to the bank) be kissing my son's bum.
After all, he might "kiss" back!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home